Unless it features Kat Stacks on the hook and a guest verse from Kim Kardashian, you really can’t go wrong with an unreleased record from Brooklyn rhymesayer Talib Kweli. Oh, and did I mention that said song is also produced by the great 9th Wonder? Yep, Kweli takes it To The Music on this previously unreleased tune, which features fellow New York City rapper Maino. Both emcee’s drop verses about finding love or something like it, but Kweli’s portion of the record is a bit more flowery as he raps, “No I ain’t like the rest of them dudes, don’t get it confused/ She give me rhythm cause my heart beat to the music.” Jamla boss 9th keeps To The Music heavy on the soul with his sample-driven production and use of drum kicks. With his DJ Z-Trip-presented mixtape Attack The Block coming soon and his next studio album due out this fall, expect to hear a lot of new music from Kweli in the near future.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/13/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where It All Started" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.