Fresh off garnering positive reader reviews for last week’s High Life, Talib Kweli is already back on our pages with another fresh cut off his forthcoming full-length. The science-fictional imagery evoked by Rocket Ship‘s title will hardly prepare listeners for the ruggedness of this cut, which finds the headliner and fellow Brooklyn veteran Busta Rhymes trading aggressive, punchline-packed verses over a savage beat by RZA. And I do mean “savage”—layering menacing brass chords over a two-fisted percussion rhythm, the Wu-Tang capo turns in one of the livest instrumentals I’ve heard in a hot minute. Fans will be able to find Rocket Ships and many more bangers on Kweli’s Prisoner of Conscious LP, dropping next Tuesday (5/7) via Javotti Media/EMI/Capitol Records.
Written by richard on 05/2/13
I don’t know if I’d be writing this if it wasn’t for Talib Kweli. I liked hip-hop before I heard Black Star, but that album helped me fall in love with hip-hop, and before I knew it, I had memorized every word of Black...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where It All Started ft. Jadakiss, Talib Kweli & Papoose" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.