Fresh off garnering positive reader reviews for last week’s High Life, Talib Kweli is already back on our pages with another fresh cut off his forthcoming full-length. The science-fictional imagery evoked by Rocket Ship‘s title will hardly prepare listeners for the ruggedness of this cut, which finds the headliner and fellow Brooklyn veteran Busta Rhymes trading aggressive, punchline-packed verses over a savage beat by RZA. And I do mean “savage”—layering menacing brass chords over a two-fisted percussion rhythm, the Wu-Tang capo turns in one of the livest instrumentals I’ve heard in a hot minute. Fans will be able to find Rocket Ships and many more bangers on Kweli’s Prisoner of Conscious LP, dropping next Tuesday (5/7) via Javotti Media/EMI/Capitol Records.
Written by richard on 05/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where It All Started" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.