With a few notable exceptions, success in the music game never comes easy. As such, the deciding factor in who triumphs and who falls by the wayside isn’t skills or charisma (though those things most definitely help), but the ability to Push Thru the obstacles in your path without losing the will to soldier on. Presented here in its new, officially remixed form, the lead single off Talib Kweli‘s forthcoming full-length is all about staying on your hustle when the going gets tough. Over NYC underground beatsmith Marco Polo‘s quietly intense street boardwork (replacing S1‘s original production), Kweli, Curren$y and Kendrick Lamar reflect on their personal brushes with adversity, while touching on the geopolitical and socioeconomic aspects of the struggle. Featuring the album version of this record and much more, Prisoner of Consciousness is scheduled to drop April 23. In the meantime, why not check out the latest Booth-exclusive Re-Produced EP, based around Kweli’s Fly Away?
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where It All Started ft. Jadakiss, Talib Kweli & Papoose" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!