With a few notable exceptions, success in the music game never comes easy. As such, the deciding factor in who triumphs and who falls by the wayside isn’t skills or charisma (though those things most definitely help), but the ability to Push Thru the obstacles in your path without losing the will to soldier on. Presented here in its new, officially remixed form, the lead single off Talib Kweli‘s forthcoming full-length is all about staying on your hustle when the going gets tough. Over NYC underground beatsmith Marco Polo‘s quietly intense street boardwork (replacing S1‘s original production), Kweli, Curren$y and Kendrick Lamar reflect on their personal brushes with adversity, while touching on the geopolitical and socioeconomic aspects of the struggle. Featuring the album version of this record and much more, Prisoner of Consciousness is scheduled to drop April 23. In the meantime, why not check out the latest Booth-exclusive Re-Produced EP, based around Kweli’s Fly Away?
Written by richard on 01/21/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where It All Started" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)