With a few notable exceptions, success in the music game never comes easy. As such, the deciding factor in who triumphs and who falls by the wayside isn’t skills or charisma (though those things most definitely help), but the ability to Push Thru the obstacles in your path without losing the will to soldier on. Presented here in its new, officially remixed form, the lead single off Talib Kweli‘s forthcoming full-length is all about staying on your hustle when the going gets tough. Over NYC underground beatsmith Marco Polo‘s quietly intense street boardwork (replacing S1‘s original production), Kweli, Curren$y and Kendrick Lamar reflect on their personal brushes with adversity, while touching on the geopolitical and socioeconomic aspects of the struggle. Featuring the album version of this record and much more, Prisoner of Consciousness is scheduled to drop April 23. In the meantime, why not check out the latest Booth-exclusive Re-Produced EP, based around Kweli’s Fly Away?
Written by richard on 01/21/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where It All Started ft. Jadakiss, Talib Kweli & Papoose" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.