Talib Kweli is a lot like pizza. If I were to order a pie, you know you would want a slice; I mean it’s f**kin’ pizza for god’s sake! Just eat it! The same could be said about Talib Kewli (well, minus the “just eat it” part). When I present you with Human Mic, his latest single, don’t ask questions; simply press play and enjoy. After all, you know its going to be great. Though Human Mic—featuring a powerful, cascading beat from Oh No—is part of Talib’s Prisoner of Conscious LP, released back in May, his crisp flow feels fresh out the box as he delivers his tongue-twisting lyrics. If you haven’t copped Prisoner of Conscious yet, I don’t know what you are waiting for; do it now!
Written by Lucas G. on 08/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where It All Started" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.