Talib Kweli is a lot like pizza. If I were to order a pie, you know you would want a slice; I mean it’s f**kin’ pizza for god’s sake! Just eat it! The same could be said about Talib Kewli (well, minus the “just eat it” part). When I present you with Human Mic, his latest single, don’t ask questions; simply press play and enjoy. After all, you know its going to be great. Though Human Mic—featuring a powerful, cascading beat from Oh No—is part of Talib’s Prisoner of Conscious LP, released back in May, his crisp flow feels fresh out the box as he delivers his tongue-twisting lyrics. If you haven’t copped Prisoner of Conscious yet, I don’t know what you are waiting for; do it now!
Written by Lucas G. on 08/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where It All Started" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.