Talib Kweli is a lot like pizza. If I were to order a pie, you know you would want a slice; I mean it’s f**kin’ pizza for god’s sake! Just eat it! The same could be said about Talib Kewli (well, minus the “just eat it” part). When I present you with Human Mic, his latest single, don’t ask questions; simply press play and enjoy. After all, you know its going to be great. Though Human Mic—featuring a powerful, cascading beat from Oh No—is part of Talib’s Prisoner of Conscious LP, released back in May, his crisp flow feels fresh out the box as he delivers his tongue-twisting lyrics. If you haven’t copped Prisoner of Conscious yet, I don’t know what you are waiting for; do it now!
Written by Lucas G. on 08/30/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where It All Started ft. Jadakiss, Talib Kweli & Papoose" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.