Talib Kweli is a lot like pizza. If I were to order a pie, you know you would want a slice; I mean it’s f**kin’ pizza for god’s sake! Just eat it! The same could be said about Talib Kewli (well, minus the “just eat it” part). When I present you with Human Mic, his latest single, don’t ask questions; simply press play and enjoy. After all, you know its going to be great. Though Human Mic—featuring a powerful, cascading beat from Oh No—is part of Talib’s Prisoner of Conscious LP, released back in May, his crisp flow feels fresh out the box as he delivers his tongue-twisting lyrics. If you haven’t copped Prisoner of Conscious yet, I don’t know what you are waiting for; do it now!
Written by Lucas G. on 08/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where It All Started" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.