Few artists can stay loyal to their core street audience, while also appealing to the commercially viable demographic that record companies strive to hit. Talib Kweli is among the few. An example of such is his new single Hot Thing, off the up-coming Eardrum album (which drops July 31st.) Somehow the single allows Kweli to be himself, a conscious lyricist with amazing diction, and the artist who knows what is needed for mainstream success (a catchy chorus and solid production.) Will.I.Am of Black Eyed Peas fame offers a head-nodding low-key beat, perfect for an artist like Kweli who never allows his producer to upstage the ‘hot thing.’
Written by DJ Z on 06/29/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where It All Started" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)