Few artists can stay loyal to their core street audience, while also appealing to the commercially viable demographic that record companies strive to hit. Talib Kweli is among the few. An example of such is his new single Hot Thing, off the up-coming Eardrum album (which drops July 31st.) Somehow the single allows Kweli to be himself, a conscious lyricist with amazing diction, and the artist who knows what is needed for mainstream success (a catchy chorus and solid production.) Will.I.Am of Black Eyed Peas fame offers a head-nodding low-key beat, perfect for an artist like Kweli who never allows his producer to upstage the ‘hot thing.’
Listen to More: Talib Kweli
Written by DJ Z on 06/29/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where It All Started ft. Jadakiss, Talib Kweli & Papoose" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)