“Conscious” rappers are well aware of the ongoing problems with mainstream hip-hop and the steady decline in both quality and sales. Talib Kweli is certainly no exception to that rule, and in his new single, he gives the world Part 1 of the Hostile Gospel. In the song, Kweli pleads for a deliverance from our problems, going so far as to speculate an apocalypse in the next decade. Although Talib traditionally delivers well on the mic, what makes Hostile Gospel stand out is Just Blaze‘s street heavy production. Thanks to a sample from the Space hit Deliverance, the song might get a few requests from the networks’ “outreach” programs. Hostile Gospel is the fourth single to be released from Eardrum, in stores now.
Written by Burmy on 02/6/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where It All Started" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.