“Conscious” rappers are well aware of the ongoing problems with mainstream hip-hop and the steady decline in both quality and sales. Talib Kweli is certainly no exception to that rule, and in his new single, he gives the world Part 1 of the Hostile Gospel. In the song, Kweli pleads for a deliverance from our problems, going so far as to speculate an apocalypse in the next decade. Although Talib traditionally delivers well on the mic, what makes Hostile Gospel stand out is Just Blaze‘s street heavy production. Thanks to a sample from the Space hit Deliverance, the song might get a few requests from the networks’ “outreach” programs. Hostile Gospel is the fourth single to be released from Eardrum, in stores now.
Written by Burmy on 02/6/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where It All Started" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.