For most of us, the daily grind doesn’t involve flying around the globe, soaking in the sights and sounds of each of the world’s premier cities. Fortunately, we’ve got Talib Kweli to fill us in on what we’re missing. The follow-up to reader-approved ladies’ jam Come Here, the latest single off the Brooklyn vet’s fifth studio album sees him trading bars with fellow jet-setters Rubix and Bajah, backed by the jazzy, high-energy production of Oxnard underground mainstay Oh No. The artist-directed visuals accompanying the cut depict the highlights of Kweli’s recent travels through South Africa, from clubs played to packed houses to downtime in Johannesburg’s hottest nightspots. Fans can click here to pre-order Prisoner of Conscious via iTunes in anticipation of its May 7, release via Javotti/Caroline.
Written by richard on 04/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where It All Started ft. Jadakiss, Talib Kweli & Papoose" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.