For most of us, the daily grind doesn’t involve flying around the globe, soaking in the sights and sounds of each of the world’s premier cities. Fortunately, we’ve got Talib Kweli to fill us in on what we’re missing. The follow-up to reader-approved ladies’ jam Come Here, the latest single off the Brooklyn vet’s fifth studio album sees him trading bars with fellow jet-setters Rubix and Bajah, backed by the jazzy, high-energy production of Oxnard underground mainstay Oh No. The artist-directed visuals accompanying the cut depict the highlights of Kweli’s recent travels through South Africa, from clubs played to packed houses to downtime in Johannesburg’s hottest nightspots. Fans can click here to pre-order Prisoner of Conscious via iTunes in anticipation of its May 7, release via Javotti/Caroline.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where It All Started ft. Jadakiss, Talib Kweli & Papoose" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.