Talib Kweli and Styles P. locked down studio time and concocted a joint that has literally been taken to a new level. Off the new album Ear Drum, in stores July 24th, Kweli spits his usual lyrical assassination over a simple, but calculated beat; something you’d find Meth and Red would grab for a joint album. Both MC’s should receive a warm response for Level from their native New York, a feeling Kweli alludes to on one of his lines “Yo, Brooklyn, we’ll give em something to stare at.”
Written by DJ Z on 06/12/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where It All Started" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.