Since its release in late August, Talib Kweli’s new album, Eardrum, has only sold slightly more than 200,000 copies worldwide. Clearly, the amount of eardrums Kweli was hoping to invade was a much higher number. Despite a much heavier dosage of radio and video play than Kweli is accustomed, the album’s second single, Hot Thing, failed to turn sales. While Kweli enjoys his craft for the artistic relevancy, and not just a paycheck, a solid body of work always deserves to be compensated. To help matters, Kweli has remixed Hot Thing with the poignant singing of Ne-Yo and the underground rhymes of female rapper, Jean Grae. The remix is almost never better than the original; allow me to introduce the exception to that rule.
Written by DJ Z on 11/20/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where It All Started ft. Jadakiss, Talib Kweli & Papoose" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.