Yes, Talib Kweli and Justin Timberlake did a song together. The Nature, a bonus cut off Kweli’s new album Eardrum, is a quite unexpected collaboration that offers wildly unexpected results. The song finds both artists stepping into the figurative shoes of a father figure who is explaining how the world works today. “It’s kinda hard to keep faith in the things that you do, when everybody turns their back on you,” spits Kweli. In a day and age when rappers have long been passed over as teachers, Talib and Justin kick some knowledge; so grab up a pen and a pad and take some notes. School is in session.
Written by DJ Z on 08/16/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where It All Started" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.