Yes, Talib Kweli and Justin Timberlake did a song together. The Nature, a bonus cut off Kweli’s new album Eardrum, is a quite unexpected collaboration that offers wildly unexpected results. The song finds both artists stepping into the figurative shoes of a father figure who is explaining how the world works today. “It’s kinda hard to keep faith in the things that you do, when everybody turns their back on you,” spits Kweli. In a day and age when rappers have long been passed over as teachers, Talib and Justin kick some knowledge; so grab up a pen and a pad and take some notes. School is in session.
Written by DJ Z on 08/16/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where It All Started" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.