Yes, Talib Kweli and Justin Timberlake did a song together. The Nature, a bonus cut off Kweli’s new album Eardrum, is a quite unexpected collaboration that offers wildly unexpected results. The song finds both artists stepping into the figurative shoes of a father figure who is explaining how the world works today. “It’s kinda hard to keep faith in the things that you do, when everybody turns their back on you,” spits Kweli. In a day and age when rappers have long been passed over as teachers, Talib and Justin kick some knowledge; so grab up a pen and a pad and take some notes. School is in session.
Written by DJ Z on 08/16/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where It All Started" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.