Tomorrow, The DJBooth will be unleashing the latest EP in our Re-Produced Series, based around Talib Kweli‘s Attack the Block single, Fly Away. Today, we are proud to present the world premiere of the third and final exclusive remix off the project, courtesy of Digi+Phonics producer Willie B.. For his version of the cut, the Cali native trades Crada‘s piano-led production for a densely-layered, tension-fraught synth arrangement. For more on the making of the beat, check out Willie’s new, Booth-exclusive Re-Produced Profile. Watch for the full EP, featuring the original and all three remixes, to arrive on our front page Wednesday, December 19. Previous Re-Produced projects from Tech N9ne, Torae and Freeway are still available in the Booth for free streaming and download. Additionally, Kweli fans should keep it locked for the latest on the Brooklyn veteran’s forthcoming studio album, Prisoner of Consciousness, scheduled to drop in early 2013.
Written by richard on 12/18/12
The DJBooth is proud to present the fourth entry in Re-Produced, an exclusive series in which three hand-selected beatsmiths each put their own spin on a record by a reader-approved artist. The latest EP in the series is...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where It All Started ft. Jadakiss, Talib Kweli & Papoose" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.