Next week, The DJBooth will be unleashing the latest EP in our Re-Produced Series, based around Talib Kweli‘s Attack the Block single, Fly Away. Today, we are proud to present the world premiere of the second of three exclusive remixes off the project, courtesy of Shoden!1, the producer behind Muzi‘s Somnolence and Somnolence II LPs. For his version of the cut, the ATL native trades Crada‘s piano-led production for a synth-driven, ‘80s-informed instrumental backdrop. For more on the making of the beat, check out Shoden!1’s new, Booth-exclusive Re-Produced Profile. Watch for us to premiere the final re-production from Willie B. prior to the EP’s arrival on our front page December 19. Previous Re-Produced projects from Tech N9ne, Torae and Freeway are still available in the Booth for free streaming and download. Additionally, Kweli fans should keep it locked for the latest on the Brooklyn veteran’s forthcoming studio album, Prisoner of Consciousness, scheduled to drop in early 2013.
Written by richard on 12/14/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where It All Started ft. Jadakiss, Talib Kweli & Papoose" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.