Next week, The DJBooth will be unleashing the latest EP in our Re-Produced Series, based around Talib Kweli‘s Attack the Block single, Fly Away. Today, we are proud to present the world premiere of the second of three exclusive remixes off the project, courtesy of Shoden!1, the producer behind Muzi‘s Somnolence and Somnolence II LPs. For his version of the cut, the ATL native trades Crada‘s piano-led production for a synth-driven, ‘80s-informed instrumental backdrop. For more on the making of the beat, check out Shoden!1’s new, Booth-exclusive Re-Produced Profile. Watch for us to premiere the final re-production from Willie B. prior to the EP’s arrival on our front page December 19. Previous Re-Produced projects from Tech N9ne, Torae and Freeway are still available in the Booth for free streaming and download. Additionally, Kweli fans should keep it locked for the latest on the Brooklyn veteran’s forthcoming studio album, Prisoner of Consciousness, scheduled to drop in early 2013.
Written by richard on 12/14/12
The DJBooth is proud to present the fourth entry in Re-Produced, an exclusive series in which three hand-selected beatsmiths each put their own spin on a record by a reader-approved artist. The latest EP in the series is...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where It All Started ft. Jadakiss, Talib Kweli & Papoose" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.