Talib Kweli set up quite an interesting way of releasing his new album, Gravitas. When you buy the album through his site,Kweliclub.com, you will get access to his email and a phone number specifically assigned for members of the club. It’s unique and really cool, but with cuts like Art Imitates Life, he could offer a moldy, half-eaten sandwich with the album, and I would still buy it. Setting the stage on this well-executed cut, Oh No puts together a diverse beat that has both a fluttery vibe as well as a gritty one thanks to the samples, chops, and a capping drum beat. Atop the mic, Talib and guests Rah Digga, ALBe. Back, and some guy named Black Thought (ever heard of him?) hop on the mic to show and prove what it’s like when a group of well-versed, hip-hop veterans get to spitting; spoiler alert, it’s dope! If you want to sample more from Talib’s Gravitas album we have a limited-time stream of the album here at The DJBooth.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where It All Started ft. Jadakiss, Talib Kweli & Papoose" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.