Talib Kweli set up quite an interesting way of releasing his new album, Gravitas. When you buy the album through his site,Kweliclub.com, you will get access to his email and a phone number specifically assigned for members of the club. It’s unique and really cool, but with cuts like Art Imitates Life, he could offer a moldy, half-eaten sandwich with the album, and I would still buy it. Setting the stage on this well-executed cut, Oh No puts together a diverse beat that has both a fluttery vibe as well as a gritty one thanks to the samples, chops, and a capping drum beat. Atop the mic, Talib and guests Rah Digga, ALBe. Back, and some guy named Black Thought (ever heard of him?) hop on the mic to show and prove what it’s like when a group of well-versed, hip-hop veterans get to spitting; spoiler alert, it’s dope! If you want to sample more from Talib’s Gravitas album we have a limited-time stream of the album here at The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where It All Started ft. Jadakiss, Talib Kweli & Papoose" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.