He loves a woman. For that simple reason, U.K. triple-threat (singer/songwriter/producer) Taio Cruz declares, “I Can’t Say Go.” While I applaud Taio (pronounced Ty-O) for being a man and clearly admitting he is vulnerable without his female companion, the connotation makes him a bit of a hypocrite. On his breakout single, Moving On, Cruz lamented over a past relationship and although it had the chance to be healed, he chose to move on. Mixed messages aside, the song is very well written and should provide listeners –men and women alike– with a realistic everyday song about love. The international debut from Taio Cruz, Departure, will be in stores in early 2008.
Written by DJ Z on 11/13/07
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.