He loves a woman. For that simple reason, U.K. triple-threat (singer/songwriter/producer) Taio Cruz declares, “I Can’t Say Go.” While I applaud Taio (pronounced Ty-O) for being a man and clearly admitting he is vulnerable without his female companion, the connotation makes him a bit of a hypocrite. On his breakout single, Moving On, Cruz lamented over a past relationship and although it had the chance to be healed, he chose to move on. Mixed messages aside, the song is very well written and should provide listeners –men and women alike– with a realistic everyday song about love. The international debut from Taio Cruz, Departure, will be in stores in early 2008.
Written by DJ Z on 11/13/07
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.