It’s been said that “insanity” can be defined as performing the same activity over and over and expecting a different result. I never thought I could possibly be insane until this morning when I tried to play Taio Cruz’ latest single Dynamite over and over without thinking of J.J. Evans, and failed each time. In spite of my newly-discovered mental instability, I’m confident in saying that Dynamite will become a hit, even if it weren’t riding on the coattails of Taio’s international Luda-assisted smash Break Your Heart. This particular Cruz cut, though, has a slightly more robotic, relaxed feel to it, which should help get the attention of those who haven’t yet had the pleasure of hearing the UK pop star sing about breaking poor girls’ hearts. If Taio’s edgy production and Seal-like vocals don’t have you hooked by the first verse, then maybe he’ll be reeling you out of the water by the song’s end. Be sure to catch Dynamite on Taio’s upcoming album Rokstarr, previously released in the UK and due out in the U.S. June 1.
Written by Matty K on 05/6/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.