It’s been said that “insanity” can be defined as performing the same activity over and over and expecting a different result. I never thought I could possibly be insane until this morning when I tried to play Taio Cruz’ latest single Dynamite over and over without thinking of J.J. Evans, and failed each time. In spite of my newly-discovered mental instability, I’m confident in saying that Dynamite will become a hit, even if it weren’t riding on the coattails of Taio’s international Luda-assisted smash Break Your Heart. This particular Cruz cut, though, has a slightly more robotic, relaxed feel to it, which should help get the attention of those who haven’t yet had the pleasure of hearing the UK pop star sing about breaking poor girls’ hearts. If Taio’s edgy production and Seal-like vocals don’t have you hooked by the first verse, then maybe he’ll be reeling you out of the water by the song’s end. Be sure to catch Dynamite on Taio’s upcoming album Rokstarr, previously released in the UK and due out in the U.S. June 1.
Written by Matty K on 05/6/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.