It’s been said that “insanity” can be defined as performing the same activity over and over and expecting a different result. I never thought I could possibly be insane until this morning when I tried to play Taio Cruz’ latest single Dynamite over and over without thinking of J.J. Evans, and failed each time. In spite of my newly-discovered mental instability, I’m confident in saying that Dynamite will become a hit, even if it weren’t riding on the coattails of Taio’s international Luda-assisted smash Break Your Heart. This particular Cruz cut, though, has a slightly more robotic, relaxed feel to it, which should help get the attention of those who haven’t yet had the pleasure of hearing the UK pop star sing about breaking poor girls’ hearts. If Taio’s edgy production and Seal-like vocals don’t have you hooked by the first verse, then maybe he’ll be reeling you out of the water by the song’s end. Be sure to catch Dynamite on Taio’s upcoming album Rokstarr, previously released in the UK and due out in the U.S. June 1.
Listen to More: Taio Cruz
Written by Matty K on 05/6/10
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.