Ever since the founding fathers decided to revolt against the crown Americans have been suspicious of anything coming from the U.K., but just like The Beatles and Rolling Stones in the ‘60s, a new generation of English musicians are poised to invade our shores, starting with the consistently Booth approved Taio Cruz. Cruz’ latest offering Break Your Heart (Remix) was a number one hit in the U.K., and while I’m not sure it will find that same level of success in the States, it’s hard not to enjoy a track featuring some pop/house based production from Cruz himself, microphone contributions from the always solid Ludacris (who submits a mediocre performance by his standards) and of course some supremely smooth vocals from Cruz. In short, I’ve got no doubt that plenty of hearts will end up broken on both sides of the Atlantic after this one. For more internationally recognized hits be sure to pick up a copy of Cruz’ latest album RokStarr, available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/15/09
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)