Ever since the founding fathers decided to revolt against the crown Americans have been suspicious of anything coming from the U.K., but just like The Beatles and Rolling Stones in the ‘60s, a new generation of English musicians are poised to invade our shores, starting with the consistently Booth approved Taio Cruz. Cruz’ latest offering Break Your Heart (Remix) was a number one hit in the U.K., and while I’m not sure it will find that same level of success in the States, it’s hard not to enjoy a track featuring some pop/house based production from Cruz himself, microphone contributions from the always solid Ludacris (who submits a mediocre performance by his standards) and of course some supremely smooth vocals from Cruz. In short, I’ve got no doubt that plenty of hearts will end up broken on both sides of the Atlantic after this one. For more internationally recognized hits be sure to pick up a copy of Cruz’ latest album RokStarr, available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/15/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.