Ever since the founding fathers decided to revolt against the crown Americans have been suspicious of anything coming from the U.K., but just like The Beatles and Rolling Stones in the ‘60s, a new generation of English musicians are poised to invade our shores, starting with the consistently Booth approved Taio Cruz. Cruz’ latest offering Break Your Heart (Remix) was a number one hit in the U.K., and while I’m not sure it will find that same level of success in the States, it’s hard not to enjoy a track featuring some pop/house based production from Cruz himself, microphone contributions from the always solid Ludacris (who submits a mediocre performance by his standards) and of course some supremely smooth vocals from Cruz. In short, I’ve got no doubt that plenty of hearts will end up broken on both sides of the Atlantic after this one. For more internationally recognized hits be sure to pick up a copy of Cruz’ latest album RokStarr, available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/15/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.