Introductions can be stressful—after all, you only get one chance to make a first impression—but you’d be hard-pressed to find any evidence of anxiety in the debut feature from Tag Alexander. On new promo single The Muscle, he exudes the effortless bravado of a man who knows he’s at the top of his game—hence the promo pic featuring boxing legend Muhammad Ali. Over Chef K. Dot‘s triumphant brass fanfare, the Detroit emcee showcases the grit and tenacity he developed over years on the struggle. Fresh off the release of his Booth-featured Rydah Music album, fellow Motown native Ty Farris lends his flow to verse two. The Muscle is just a loosie but, if you like what you’re hearing, you can keep it locked to our front page for the latest from this promising up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 01/22/14
Submit your Rating
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.