Introductions can be stressful—after all, you only get one chance to make a first impression—but you’d be hard-pressed to find any evidence of anxiety in the debut feature from Tag Alexander. On new promo single The Muscle, he exudes the effortless bravado of a man who knows he’s at the top of his game—hence the promo pic featuring boxing legend Muhammad Ali. Over Chef K. Dot‘s triumphant brass fanfare, the Detroit emcee showcases the grit and tenacity he developed over years on the struggle. Fresh off the release of his Booth-featured Rydah Music album, fellow Motown native Ty Farris lends his flow to verse two. The Muscle is just a loosie but, if you like what you’re hearing, you can keep it locked to our front page for the latest from this promising up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 01/22/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.