Introductions can be stressful—after all, you only get one chance to make a first impression—but you’d be hard-pressed to find any evidence of anxiety in the debut feature from Tag Alexander. On new promo single The Muscle, he exudes the effortless bravado of a man who knows he’s at the top of his game—hence the promo pic featuring boxing legend Muhammad Ali. Over Chef K. Dot‘s triumphant brass fanfare, the Detroit emcee showcases the grit and tenacity he developed over years on the struggle. Fresh off the release of his Booth-featured Rydah Music album, fellow Motown native Ty Farris lends his flow to verse two. The Muscle is just a loosie but, if you like what you’re hearing, you can keep it locked to our front page for the latest from this promising up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 01/22/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.