Introductions can be stressful—after all, you only get one chance to make a first impression—but you’d be hard-pressed to find any evidence of anxiety in the debut feature from Tag Alexander. On new promo single The Muscle, he exudes the effortless bravado of a man who knows he’s at the top of his game—hence the promo pic featuring boxing legend Muhammad Ali. Over Chef K. Dot‘s triumphant brass fanfare, the Detroit emcee showcases the grit and tenacity he developed over years on the struggle. Fresh off the release of his Booth-featured Rydah Music album, fellow Motown native Ty Farris lends his flow to verse two. The Muscle is just a loosie but, if you like what you’re hearing, you can keep it locked to our front page for the latest from this promising up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 01/22/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.