On his first Booth feature since late 2011, Ta’East expresses his Hope to Fly. Sadly, there is no way that he can literally fly, but if he continues releasing cuts like this one, it won’t be long before his career takes off. Setting the stage for the L.A. emcee’s bars, co-producers Ken Price and Cairo Mayeson craft a jazzy, orchestral instrumental driven by a crooning vocal sample. Atop the beat, Ta’ shares his aspirations in a youthful, hungry flow. While some may doubt his dream and tell him to get a real job, he refuses to set down the mic; it’s that determination and confidence that will have him laughing last. There is no word on a larger project in the works, but we will keep you posted on Ta’East’s plans as further details emerge.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.