On his first Booth feature since late 2011, TaEast expresses his Hope to Fly. Sadly, there is no way that he can literally fly, but if he continues releasing cuts like this one, it won’t be long before his career takes off. Setting the stage for the L.A. emcee’s bars, co-producers Ken Price and Cairo Mayeson craft a jazzy, orchestral instrumental driven by a crooning vocal sample. Atop the beat, Ta’ shares his aspirations in a youthful, hungry flow. While some may doubt his dream and tell him to get a real job, he refuses to set down the mic; it’s that determination and confidence that will have him laughing last. There is no word on a larger project in the works, but we will keep you posted on Ta’East’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/18/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.