On his first Booth feature since late 2011, Ta’East expresses his Hope to Fly. Sadly, there is no way that he can literally fly, but if he continues releasing cuts like this one, it won’t be long before his career takes off. Setting the stage for the L.A. emcee’s bars, co-producers Ken Price and Cairo Mayeson craft a jazzy, orchestral instrumental driven by a crooning vocal sample. Atop the beat, Ta’ shares his aspirations in a youthful, hungry flow. While some may doubt his dream and tell him to get a real job, he refuses to set down the mic; it’s that determination and confidence that will have him laughing last. There is no word on a larger project in the works, but we will keep you posted on Ta’East’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/18/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)