Most artists are products of their environments, and make music that follows regional trends. But what do you get when a native of the African nation of Togo splits his time between Los Angeles and Washington, D.C.? How about emcee tabi Bonney, who is completely different from anything you’ve ever heard. On his new street single, Rich Kids, tabi adds a little reggae into his rhymes, spitting lyrical gems like “I get money like a schoolyard bully.” Produced by North Carolina natives Ski (best known for his work on Jay-Z‘s classic debut, Reasonable Doubt), and Apple Juice Kid (see Clocks in ATL), Rich Kids should get a positive response from anyone who enjoys laid-back lyricism. tabi’s new EP, dope, is set to be released on Inauguration Day (January 20).
Written by Burmy on 12/2/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Reach For The Sky ft. Tabi Bonney & Haziq Ali" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.