Most artists are products of their environments, and make music that follows regional trends. But what do you get when a native of the African nation of Togo splits his time between Los Angeles and Washington, D.C.? How about emcee tabi Bonney, who is completely different from anything you’ve ever heard. On his new street single, Rich Kids, tabi adds a little reggae into his rhymes, spitting lyrical gems like “I get money like a schoolyard bully.” Produced by North Carolina natives Ski (best known for his work on Jay-Z‘s classic debut, Reasonable Doubt), and Apple Juice Kid (see Clocks in ATL), Rich Kids should get a positive response from anyone who enjoys laid-back lyricism. tabi’s new EP, dope, is set to be released on Inauguration Day (January 20).
Written by Burmy on 12/2/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Reach For The Sky ft. Tabi Bonney & Haziq Ali" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.