Most artists are products of their environments, and make music that follows regional trends. But what do you get when a native of the African nation of Togo splits his time between Los Angeles and Washington, D.C.? How about emcee tabi Bonney, who is completely different from anything you’ve ever heard. On his new street single, Rich Kids, tabi adds a little reggae into his rhymes, spitting lyrical gems like “I get money like a schoolyard bully.” Produced by North Carolina natives Ski (best known for his work on Jay-Z‘s classic debut, Reasonable Doubt), and Apple Juice Kid (see Clocks in ATL), Rich Kids should get a positive response from anyone who enjoys laid-back lyricism. tabi’s new EP, dope, is set to be released on Inauguration Day (January 20).
Written by Burmy on 12/2/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Reach For The Sky ft. Tabi Bonney & Haziq Ali" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.