Since making his last solo Booth appearance with 2012’s Time of Her Life, tabi Bonney‘s gone through a few changes. For one thing, he’s relocated from Washington, D.C. to the City of Angels. For another, he’s significantly modified his sound, hoping to reinvent himself as a genre-bending pop phenom à la will.i.am or Pharrell. Today, we get our first taste of his revamped style in the form of Poom Poom, a club-ready promo single with a quirky, onomatopoeic hook. To accompany the artist’s vocals, which come liberally laced with studio effects, Best Kept Secret cooks up a beat that bridges the gap between hip-hop, electro and trap. Are you feeling the new-and-improved tabi Bonney? If so, you can keep it locked for further loosies, as well as updates on anything else he might have up his sleeve.
Written by richard on 07/22/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rich Kids" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.