Since making his last solo Booth appearance with 2012’s Time of Her Life, tabi Bonney‘s gone through a few changes. For one thing, he’s relocated from Washington, D.C. to the City of Angels. For another, he’s significantly modified his sound, hoping to reinvent himself as a genre-bending pop phenom à la will.i.am or Pharrell. Today, we get our first taste of his revamped style in the form of Poom Poom, a club-ready promo single with a quirky, onomatopoeic hook. To accompany the artist’s vocals, which come liberally laced with studio effects, Best Kept Secret cooks up a beat that bridges the gap between hip-hop, electro and trap. Are you feeling the new-and-improved tabi Bonney? If so, you can keep it locked for further loosies, as well as updates on anything else he might have up his sleeve.
Written by richard on 07/22/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rich Kids" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.