Since making his last solo Booth appearance with 2012’s Time of Her Life, tabi Bonney‘s gone through a few changes. For one thing, he’s relocated from Washington, D.C. to the City of Angels. For another, he’s significantly modified his sound, hoping to reinvent himself as a genre-bending pop phenom à la will.i.am or Pharrell. Today, we get our first taste of his revamped style in the form of Poom Poom, a club-ready promo single with a quirky, onomatopoeic hook. To accompany the artist’s vocals, which come liberally laced with studio effects, Best Kept Secret cooks up a beat that bridges the gap between hip-hop, electro and trap. Are you feeling the new-and-improved tabi Bonney? If so, you can keep it locked for further loosies, as well as updates on anything else he might have up his sleeve.
Written by richard on 07/22/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rich Kids" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.