“Syce.” “Lunchin’.” All phrases I learned a few years back after seeing a lean rapper rhyme on mtvU. Now I’ve never been to Washington. D.C. or the DMV, but every hip-hop head I knew from the area talked about two men, Wale and tabi Bonney, so I can say I’ve been following tabi since he was running with the Rich Kids. Dropping a new jam off his upcoming album Fresh, Bonney links up with VA native and latest G.O.O.D. Music signee Pusha T for the riding Make a Killin’. Produced by Arsenol, Killin’s beat is mellow and filled with soothing strings and uplifting horns, all brought together with deep bass drums. On the mic tabi gives us a verse in his customary relaxed flow, providing us with a verse reminiscent of UGK in the Ridin’ Dirty days, while Pusha brings out his smooth flow style, resulting in a record that should uplift VA and D.C. representatives like its McNabb’s first day at Redskins training camp. Tabi just rocked our A3C stage in Atlanta, and I’m sure he’ll be rocking more in preparation for Fresh, which drops on November 23.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 10/14/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rich Kids" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.