Last we heard from tabi Bonney, he’d set out to Make a Killin’ with the help of Clipse member Pusha T. Having apparently succeeded in acquiring those fat stacks, the D.C. native’s ready to sit back and enjoy the fruits of his labors – as he puts it on this standout cut off his latest full-length, he’s gonna be living Like a King. Arsonal once again handles production duties, serving up a laid-back yet hard-nosed instrumental instrumental backdrop for Bonney’s lazily-drawled bars. After the headliner’s unflappably fresh verses, which find him exercising his regal charm on a fine female, DMV heavyweight Wale closes the record on a lyrically vivid note, poetically boasting that he’s “...as clever as a feather avoiding the wind.” Rounding out the lineup is singer Kokayi (also hailing from the District of Columbia), who contributes his distinctively soulful vocal stylings on the chorus. So, readers, is this understated banger fit for a King? If you think so, there’s a good chance that you’ll find the title of tabi Bonney’s latest LP to be exceedingly apt – released this past Monday, Fresh is available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 11/24/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rich Kids" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.