Last we heard from tabi Bonney, he’d set out to Make a Killin’ with the help of Clipse member Pusha T. Having apparently succeeded in acquiring those fat stacks, the D.C. native’s ready to sit back and enjoy the fruits of his labors – as he puts it on this standout cut off his latest full-length, he’s gonna be living Like a King. Arsonal once again handles production duties, serving up a laid-back yet hard-nosed instrumental instrumental backdrop for Bonney’s lazily-drawled bars. After the headliner’s unflappably fresh verses, which find him exercising his regal charm on a fine female, DMV heavyweight Wale closes the record on a lyrically vivid note, poetically boasting that he’s “...as clever as a feather avoiding the wind.” Rounding out the lineup is singer Kokayi (also hailing from the District of Columbia), who contributes his distinctively soulful vocal stylings on the chorus. So, readers, is this understated banger fit for a King? If you think so, there’s a good chance that you’ll find the title of tabi Bonney’s latest LP to be exceedingly apt – released this past Monday, Fresh is available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 11/24/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rich Kids" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.