I’ve been looking everywhere for Tabi Bonney over the last six months, but he was nowhere to be found – at least on our pages. Turns out all I had to do was buy a ticket to the Paid Dues tour, or look up; apparently the young DMV representer likes to Hang Glide. Now that Tabi’s off the road he’s decided to once again get our ears re-accustomed to his signature sound by releasing Hang Glide, an appropriately floating joint that soars on a distinctly eclectic Ski Beatz beat that combines an earthbound piano line with big drums, synths and some cartoon sound effects. Bucking the recent trend towards altitude-marijuana metaphors, Tabi instead grabs the mic to talk about how his hang gliding ways suddenly have him looking down on all the haters. So how about it Booth? Does this one soar above the clouds, or just sit there? Let us know in the comments below. While Bonney doesn’t have a larger projects in the works, yet, now that he’s back in studio mode we can expect much more from the young man coming soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/3/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rich Kids" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.