I’ve been looking everywhere for Tabi Bonney over the last six months, but he was nowhere to be found – at least on our pages. Turns out all I had to do was buy a ticket to the Paid Dues tour, or look up; apparently the young DMV representer likes to Hang Glide. Now that Tabi’s off the road he’s decided to once again get our ears re-accustomed to his signature sound by releasing Hang Glide, an appropriately floating joint that soars on a distinctly eclectic Ski Beatz beat that combines an earthbound piano line with big drums, synths and some cartoon sound effects. Bucking the recent trend towards altitude-marijuana metaphors, Tabi instead grabs the mic to talk about how his hang gliding ways suddenly have him looking down on all the haters. So how about it Booth? Does this one soar above the clouds, or just sit there? Let us know in the comments below. While Bonney doesn’t have a larger projects in the works, yet, now that he’s back in studio mode we can expect much more from the young man coming soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/3/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rich Kids" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.