Late next month, Australian beatsmith Ta-Ku is slated to unleash a free EP’s worth of fresh material. But that doesn’t do much for us right now, does it? For those who lack the virtue of patience, he’s liberated We Were in Love, a loosie that didn’t make the project’s final tracklist. On this moody, atmospheric composition, fragmentary samples from Jhené Aiko‘s recent Comfort Inn Ending (Freestyle) drift in and out of the mix, supported by the Make It Last producer’s moody synths and understated rhythm section. If this preview’s piqued your interest, don’t touch that dial. We’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes as Ta-Ku’s Songs to Break Up To EP nears completion.
Written by richard on 08/30/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.