Late next month, Australian beatsmith Ta-Ku is slated to unleash a free EP’s worth of fresh material. But that doesn’t do much for us right now, does it? For those who lack the virtue of patience, he’s liberated We Were in Love, a loosie that didn’t make the project’s final tracklist. On this moody, atmospheric composition, fragmentary samples from Jhené Aiko‘s recent Comfort Inn Ending (Freestyle) drift in and out of the mix, supported by the Make It Last producer’s moody synths and understated rhythm section. If this preview’s piqued your interest, don’t touch that dial. We’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes as Ta-Ku’s Songs to Break Up To EP nears completion.
Written by richard on 08/30/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)