Late next month, Australian beatsmith Ta-Ku is slated to unleash a free EP’s worth of fresh material. But that doesn’t do much for us right now, does it? For those who lack the virtue of patience, he’s liberated We Were in Love, a loosie that didn’t make the project’s final tracklist. On this moody, atmospheric composition, fragmentary samples from Jhené Aiko‘s recent Comfort Inn Ending (Freestyle) drift in and out of the mix, supported by the Make It Last producer’s moody synths and understated rhythm section. If this preview’s piqued your interest, don’t touch that dial. We’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes as Ta-Ku’s Songs to Break Up To EP nears completion.
Written by richard on 08/30/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.