Late next month, Australian beatsmith Ta-Ku is slated to unleash a free EP’s worth of fresh material. But that doesn’t do much for us right now, does it? For those who lack the virtue of patience, he’s liberated We Were in Love, a loosie that didn’t make the project’s final tracklist. On this moody, atmospheric composition, fragmentary samples from Jhené Aiko‘s recent Comfort Inn Ending (Freestyle) drift in and out of the mix, supported by the Make It Last producer’s moody synths and understated rhythm section. If this preview’s piqued your interest, don’t touch that dial. We’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes as Ta-Ku’s Songs to Break Up To EP nears completion.
Written by richard on 08/30/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.