As you might guess from her stage name (and the fact that she’s been competing as a battle rapper since the age of 13), South Carolina femcee T.L.M. (The Lyrical Maze) prides herself on her skill as a wordsmith. The Booth newcomer’s lyrical focus, however, doesn’t mean that she’s hatin’ on the club—knowing from personal experience there’s no better way to Get Away from one’s cares than by heading to the local spot, having a few drinks, and stepping out onto the dancefloor, she’s created a new single calibrated to help listeners groove away the stress. Though T.L.M. spends most of the track singing through a certain infamous studio plugin, Autotune-phobics are advised to give this track a chance—over B 4 Reel hypnotically chill deep tissue massage of a beat, the effect sounds unusually fresh, and the femcee’s rapped bars midway through don’t disappoint. With serious lyrical abilities, powerful pipes, and a canny pop sensibility, T.L.M. is clearly a musical force to be reckoned with; for more of this versatile up-and-comer’s many styles, pick up a copy of her Acronyms LP when it hits store shelves and online retailers August 11th.
Written by richard on 07/16/09
Submit your Rating
Militant Muzic Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.