As you might guess from her stage name (and the fact that she’s been competing as a battle rapper since the age of 13), South Carolina femcee T.L.M. (The Lyrical Maze) prides herself on her skill as a wordsmith. The Booth newcomer’s lyrical focus, however, doesn’t mean that she’s hatin’ on the club—knowing from personal experience there’s no better way to Get Away from one’s cares than by heading to the local spot, having a few drinks, and stepping out onto the dancefloor, she’s created a new single calibrated to help listeners groove away the stress. Though T.L.M. spends most of the track singing through a certain infamous studio plugin, Autotune-phobics are advised to give this track a chance—over B 4 Reel hypnotically chill deep tissue massage of a beat, the effect sounds unusually fresh, and the femcee’s rapped bars midway through don’t disappoint. With serious lyrical abilities, powerful pipes, and a canny pop sensibility, T.L.M. is clearly a musical force to be reckoned with; for more of this versatile up-and-comer’s many styles, pick up a copy of her Acronyms LP when it hits store shelves and online retailers August 11th.
Written by richard on 07/16/09
Militant Muzic Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)