As you might guess from her stage name (and the fact that she’s been competing as a battle rapper since the age of 13), South Carolina femcee T.L.M. (The Lyrical Maze) prides herself on her skill as a wordsmith. The Booth newcomer’s lyrical focus, however, doesn’t mean that she’s hatin’ on the club—knowing from personal experience there’s no better way to Get Away from one’s cares than by heading to the local spot, having a few drinks, and stepping out onto the dancefloor, she’s created a new single calibrated to help listeners groove away the stress. Though T.L.M. spends most of the track singing through a certain infamous studio plugin, Autotune-phobics are advised to give this track a chance—over B 4 Reel hypnotically chill deep tissue massage of a beat, the effect sounds unusually fresh, and the femcee’s rapped bars midway through don’t disappoint. With serious lyrical abilities, powerful pipes, and a canny pop sensibility, T.L.M. is clearly a musical force to be reckoned with; for more of this versatile up-and-comer’s many styles, pick up a copy of her Acronyms LP when it hits store shelves and online retailers August 11th.
Written by richard on 07/16/09
Submit your Rating
Militant Muzic Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.