T.I. may be currently serving time, but he keeps finding ways to keep himself relevant. On the new track Let Em Talk, T.I. hooks up with fellow Grand Hustlers Big Kuntry and Brandon (one-half of Nard & B) for a track that’s as Southern as it gets, but (unfortunately) could leave fans hoping for a new Southern anthem likely disappointed. The production, done by Nard & B, is nothing revolutionary, staying the same pace throughout the track, and while T.I. sounds serious on his opening verse, leaving out his usual witty, snappy lines, ultimately his contribution is mediocre at best. In fact, the standout here is Big Kuntry, who aptly towers over both T.I., providing some fresh perspective to the record’s been there, done that “stop snitchin” theme. Let ‘Em Talk will be used on two upcoming mixtape projects, Big Kuntry King’s Cocaine 2 and Brandon Presents: Max Altitude, neither of which have set release dates.
ed: We have been informed that this track is Big Kuntry’s, not T.I.‘s, as we previously reported.
Written by matt juss on 11/23/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Top Back (Rmx) ft. Young Jeezy, Young Dro, Big Kuntry & B.G." (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.