T.I. may be currently serving time, but he keeps finding ways to keep himself relevant. On the new track Let Em Talk, T.I. hooks up with fellow Grand Hustlers Big Kuntry and Brandon (one-half of Nard & B) for a track that’s as Southern as it gets, but (unfortunately) could leave fans hoping for a new Southern anthem likely disappointed. The production, done by Nard & B, is nothing revolutionary, staying the same pace throughout the track, and while T.I. sounds serious on his opening verse, leaving out his usual witty, snappy lines, ultimately his contribution is mediocre at best. In fact, the standout here is Big Kuntry, who aptly towers over both T.I., providing some fresh perspective to the record’s been there, done that “stop snitchin” theme. Let ‘Em Talk will be used on two upcoming mixtape projects, Big Kuntry King’s Cocaine 2 and Brandon Presents: Max Altitude, neither of which have set release dates.
ed: We have been informed that this track is Big Kuntry’s, not T.I.‘s, as we previously reported.
Written by matt juss on 11/23/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Top Back (Rmx) ft. Young Jeezy, Young Dro, Big Kuntry & B.G." (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.