Not since 2pac released a double album from beyond the grave have we seen this much quality material come out of a man who’s out of commission. The currently incarcerated T.I. hits our pages once again with the new single Hell of a Life, an introspective cut from The King of the South that rolls over an electronically complex beat from Timbo protégé Danja. Originally set for inclusion on a re-release of Paper Trail, Grand Hustle has instead decided to release Hell of a Life as a stand-alone single; maybe because it sounds so similar to his smash Live Your Life (right down to the title and strange vocal sample on the intro). On Hell of a Life T.I. spits that he’s living life, “like he just got out of jail.” We’ll see how true that is when he becomes a free man in May of 2010 (maybe sooner with good behavior).
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Know" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.