Not since 2pac released a double album from beyond the grave have we seen this much quality material come out of a man who’s out of commission. The currently incarcerated T.I. hits our pages once again with the new single Hell of a Life, an introspective cut from The King of the South that rolls over an electronically complex beat from Timbo protégé Danja. Originally set for inclusion on a re-release of Paper Trail, Grand Hustle has instead decided to release Hell of a Life as a stand-alone single; maybe because it sounds so similar to his smash Live Your Life (right down to the title and strange vocal sample on the intro). On Hell of a Life T.I. spits that he’s living life, “like he just got out of jail.” We’ll see how true that is when he becomes a free man in May of 2010 (maybe sooner with good behavior).
Written by Nathan S. on 10/1/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Know" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)