Not since 2pac released a double album from beyond the grave have we seen this much quality material come out of a man who’s out of commission. The currently incarcerated T.I. hits our pages once again with the new single Hell of a Life, an introspective cut from The King of the South that rolls over an electronically complex beat from Timbo protégé Danja. Originally set for inclusion on a re-release of Paper Trail, Grand Hustle has instead decided to release Hell of a Life as a stand-alone single; maybe because it sounds so similar to his smash Live Your Life (right down to the title and strange vocal sample on the intro). On Hell of a Life T.I. spits that he’s living life, “like he just got out of jail.” We’ll see how true that is when he becomes a free man in May of 2010 (maybe sooner with good behavior).
Written by Nathan S. on 10/1/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.