Not since 2pac released a double album from beyond the grave have we seen this much quality material come out of a man who’s out of commission. The currently incarcerated T.I. hits our pages once again with the new single Hell of a Life, an introspective cut from The King of the South that rolls over an electronically complex beat from Timbo protégé Danja. Originally set for inclusion on a re-release of Paper Trail, Grand Hustle has instead decided to release Hell of a Life as a stand-alone single; maybe because it sounds so similar to his smash Live Your Life (right down to the title and strange vocal sample on the intro). On Hell of a Life T.I. spits that he’s living life, “like he just got out of jail.” We’ll see how true that is when he becomes a free man in May of 2010 (maybe sooner with good behavior).
Written by Nathan S. on 10/1/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.