On May 26, T.I. will report to Forrest City Minimum-Security Federal Prison in Arkansas to begin his sentence on federal weapons charges. On this brand new single, Tip assures fans that he’ll be spending the whole year-and-a-day preparing for his return in 2010, and asks that they Remember Me. Mary J. Blige handles the hook and bridge, driving T.I.‘s point home with the passionate vocals fans have come to know and love, and Polow Da Don turns up the synths and percussion for an epic sound that you most definitely can’t create on GarageBand. Set for inclusion on September’s Paper Trail: Case Closed re-release, Remember Me showcases the rapper’s positivity and resilience in the face of adversity. Hold ya head, Tip—fans in the Booth and beyond will be anxiously awaiting your return!
This post has been updated as of May 26th, following the Atlantic Records official release of this single.
Written by Burmy on 05/17/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.