On May 26, T.I. will report to Forrest City Minimum-Security Federal Prison in Arkansas to begin his sentence on federal weapons charges. On this brand new single, Tip assures fans that he’ll be spending the whole year-and-a-day preparing for his return in 2010, and asks that they Remember Me. Mary J. Blige handles the hook and bridge, driving T.I.‘s point home with the passionate vocals fans have come to know and love, and Polow Da Don turns up the synths and percussion for an epic sound that you most definitely can’t create on GarageBand. Set for inclusion on September’s Paper Trail: Case Closed re-release, Remember Me showcases the rapper’s positivity and resilience in the face of adversity. Hold ya head, Tip—fans in the Booth and beyond will be anxiously awaiting your return!
This post has been updated as of May 26th, following the Atlantic Records official release of this single.
Written by Burmy on 05/17/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.