Lord knows we can have no shortage of debates about T-Pain‘s musical skills and place in the game, but two things can’t be debated: the man makes hits, and the man has a truly hilarious sense of humor. Case in point, new leak Hoes & Ladies, a lightly bouncing cut that finds Pain formally adopting the name jokingly used to describe his seemingly ceaseless collaborations with Lil Wayne, T-Wayne, and as if that wasn’t enough, recruiting Smoke (of Field Mob fame) to throw down a more than capable hook. Setting the sonic stage is producer Young Fyre, who puts together exactly the kind of hypnotizing beat we associate with T-Pizzle, but the real story here is the dialogue of the main actors. Pain laces his half-rapped, half-sung flow with more than a couple laugh out loud lines (I haven’t heard an itty bitty titty committee reference since middle school), while the recently un-incarcerated Weezy follows with a less comically inclined but equally “he just said what?” guest verse. Expect Pain’s upcoming mixtape, prEVOLVEr, the prelude to his long-delayed RevolveR album, to include plenty more spit-take worthy songs when it drops “soon.”
Written by Nathan S. on 11/24/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.