What does Big Apple emcee T.Shirt put on when he’s feeling dressy? A man of class and refinement, he reaches straight for a dress shirt with a Butterfly Collar. (Which, according to Google, could either mean pointy, Saturday Night Fever-style, or upturned, Hercule Poirot style. Take your pick.) In addition to his fly fashion sense, the artist showcases admirable taste in beats on this new promo single, grabbing a Wu-Tang informed boom-bap instrumental by Eckz to back his enjoyably digressive street lyricism. Has this non-album release piqued your interest? You can find more fresh material on T.Shirt’s latest LP, Rich Hours, released to the ‘net in June.
Written by richard on 08/22/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come Home With Me " (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.