To prime the masses for the release of his fourth studio album rEVOLVEr, T-Pain is dropping an aptly-named 30-track mixtape, prEVOLVEr, and leaking the new single You Copying Me. In 2005, a young Teddy emerged onto the music scene from Tallahassee, FL. armed with little more than a humble affinity for dancers of the “exotic” variety and a knack for storytelling. Suffice to say, things really took off from there, and before you could say “AutoTune” he was collaborating with Kanye West and winning Grammys. Kids these days, I tell you. Fast forward to the present day: Tallahassee Pain’s influence on pop, hip hop and R&B is undeniable, and he wants his due recognition. On the noisy, bouncy, Radio Disney-ready Copying, produced by Tha Bizness, T-Pain chronicles his modest beginnings and brazenly acknowledges that now he has “everybody copyin’ me.” He has no qualms about taking responsibility for being the culprit behind the AutoTune movement that has our radios sounding like they’ve been taken over by singing robots. Whether that movement is something that should be revered is up in the air, but its ubiquity is nothing to be taken lightly. As stated earlier, prEVOLVEr drops “very soon” and as always, DJBooth will keep you up to date on any developments.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail ft. Game, Daz & T-Pain" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.