Without a doubt, Up Down (Do This All Day) was last year’s biggest strip-club smash—and if T-Pain has its way, it’s gonna dominate in 2014 as well. In the interest of squeezing the last drop of hype out of his fifth album’s lead single, the Nappy Boy head honcho has unleashed an official remix that’s far more than your typical carbon-copy. DJ Mustard rebuilds the track from the ground up, switching his original beat for a chillier synth arrangement. Joining original featuree B.o.B, Kid Ink and the newly-freed Lil Boosie lace the revamped instrumental with fresh guest bars. Coming on the heels of yesterday’s Drankin Patna, this version of Up Down may not possess the immediate catchiness of its prototype, but it’s tough not to be impressed by the guest muscle on display. Whichever you prefer, you should keep it locked for news on Stoicville: The Phoenix, which is set to drop later this year.
Written by richard on 05/14/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.