Without a doubt, Up Down (Do This All Day) was last year’s biggest strip-club smash—and if T-Pain has its way, it’s gonna dominate in 2014 as well. In the interest of squeezing the last drop of hype out of his fifth album’s lead single, the Nappy Boy head honcho has unleashed an official remix that’s far more than your typical carbon-copy. DJ Mustard rebuilds the track from the ground up, switching his original beat for a chillier synth arrangement. Joining original featuree B.o.B, Kid Ink and the newly-freed Lil Boosie lace the revamped instrumental with fresh guest bars. Coming on the heels of yesterday’s Drankin Patna, this version of Up Down may not possess the immediate catchiness of its prototype, but it’s tough not to be impressed by the guest muscle on display. Whichever you prefer, you should keep it locked for news on Stoicville: The Phoenix, which is set to drop later this year.
Written by richard on 05/14/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.