Recently heard playing second fiddle to Ne-Yo on mixtape inclusion-turned-single The Way You Move, T-Pain turns in that guest-spot “I.O.U.” today, recruiting the Def Jam heavyweight for the latest leak off his junior album. Tailor-made for club rotation, standout cut and potential single selection Turn All the Lights On finds the Nappy Boy head honcho getting ready to cut loose after the day’s work is done. Over Dr. Luke and Cirkut‘s handclap percussion and synth-bass blurts, Pain exults, “I ain’t gotta work no more / F*ck that place, f*ck my boss / I’m about to ball; girl where the cars?” “Mr. Perfect” grabs the mic on the middle, dedicating his guest verse to a beautiful, though mildly uncoordinated, shawty he met when she scuffed his kicks on the dance floor: “Sexy as she wanna be and she / Dancing next so close to me / I said please excuse, / you steppin’ on expensive shoes.” How about it, Booth readers; does this sound like a smash-hit in the making? Lights and much more can can be found on T-Pain’s rEVOLVEr LP, arriving on record store shelves this Tuesday via RCA.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail ft. Game, Daz & T-Pain" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.