Recently heard playing second fiddle to Ne-Yo on mixtape inclusion-turned-single The Way You Move, T-Pain turns in that guest-spot “I.O.U.” today, recruiting the Def Jam heavyweight for the latest leak off his junior album. Tailor-made for club rotation, standout cut and potential single selection Turn All the Lights On finds the Nappy Boy head honcho getting ready to cut loose after the day’s work is done. Over Dr. Luke and Cirkut‘s handclap percussion and synth-bass blurts, Pain exults, “I ain’t gotta work no more / F*ck that place, f*ck my boss / I’m about to ball; girl where the cars?” “Mr. Perfect” grabs the mic on the middle, dedicating his guest verse to a beautiful, though mildly uncoordinated, shawty he met when she scuffed his kicks on the dance floor: “Sexy as she wanna be and she / Dancing next so close to me / I said please excuse, / you steppin’ on expensive shoes.” How about it, Booth readers; does this sound like a smash-hit in the making? Lights and much more can can be found on T-Pain’s rEVOLVEr LP, arriving on record store shelves this Tuesday via RCA.
Written by richard on 12/4/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail ft. Game, Daz & T-Pain" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.