T-Pain is not usually one for subtlety – you don’t have to wonder what songs like Reverse Cowgirl or Buy You a Drink are about – but I’ll admit that for a moment he had me fooled on his new single Rap Song. Ok, I thought, instead of his usual tales of f**king we’re going to get a straight up hip-hop banger. Nope. Turns out Rap Song is a rap song about f**king while a rap song plays in the background. Follow that? Let me explain. While producer Young Frye handles the snapping, piano-laced, minimal beat, T-Pain does what he’s been doing for over five years now, singing about getting down in the bedroom with auto-tuned vocals and frequently hilarious lyrics. In fact, Teddy Pain leaves the rapping entirely to the Teflon Don Rick Ross, who, well, does exactly what he does best by delivering a slow-paced, luxury life focused guest verse. The song’s title aside, everyone here does exactly what you’d expect, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. Will T-Pain’s currently unscheduled album RevolveR actually contain any rap songs? We’ll have to wait to find out.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/31/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)