T-Pain reminds me of my college roommate. Much like Pain, he would yell random phrases, had a ridiculously loud personality and wore strange hats. Perhaps not so coincidentally, he was a T-Pain fan. On the Tallahassee-born artist’s new track My Money Long, featuring Pain’s newly signed group One Chance on the hook, he pulls all his usual stunts over what essentially amounts to four minutes of T-Pain rapping and rambling about money, girls, his multi-million dollar house, his clothes, cars and, of course, his beloved auto-tune. T-Pain’s rap persona does drop some clever lines over producer Tommy Hitz’ loud and ridiculous beat like “I’ll reach my peak like Dante,” and “My flow game is sick, like Greg Louganis,” but if My Money Long was intended to be an introduction to Nappy Boy‘s newest family members than the man pretty much just goes along for the ride. Expect more from One Chance on T-Pain Presents The Nappy Boy All Stars (Vol. 1), which currently has no release date.
Written by matt juss on 12/7/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.