T-Pain reminds me of my college roommate. Much like Pain, he would yell random phrases, had a ridiculously loud personality and wore strange hats. Perhaps not so coincidentally, he was a T-Pain fan. On the Tallahassee-born artist’s new track My Money Long, featuring Pain’s newly signed group One Chance on the hook, he pulls all his usual stunts over what essentially amounts to four minutes of T-Pain rapping and rambling about money, girls, his multi-million dollar house, his clothes, cars and, of course, his beloved auto-tune. T-Pain’s rap persona does drop some clever lines over producer Tommy Hitz’ loud and ridiculous beat like “I’ll reach my peak like Dante,” and “My flow game is sick, like Greg Louganis,” but if My Money Long was intended to be an introduction to Nappy Boy‘s newest family members than the man pretty much just goes along for the ride. Expect more from One Chance on T-Pain Presents The Nappy Boy All Stars (Vol. 1), which currently has no release date.
Written by matt juss on 12/7/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.