T-Pain reminds me of my college roommate. Much like Pain, he would yell random phrases, had a ridiculously loud personality and wore strange hats. Perhaps not so coincidentally, he was a T-Pain fan. On the Tallahassee-born artist’s new track My Money Long, featuring Pain’s newly signed group One Chance on the hook, he pulls all his usual stunts over what essentially amounts to four minutes of T-Pain rapping and rambling about money, girls, his multi-million dollar house, his clothes, cars and, of course, his beloved auto-tune. T-Pain’s rap persona does drop some clever lines over producer Tommy Hitz’ loud and ridiculous beat like “I’ll reach my peak like Dante,” and “My flow game is sick, like Greg Louganis,” but if My Money Long was intended to be an introduction to Nappy Boy‘s newest family members than the man pretty much just goes along for the ride. Expect more from One Chance on T-Pain Presents The Nappy Boy All Stars (Vol. 1), which currently has no release date.
Written by matt juss on 12/7/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail ft. Game, Daz & T-Pain" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.