T-Pain reminds me of my college roommate. Much like Pain, he would yell random phrases, had a ridiculously loud personality and wore strange hats. Perhaps not so coincidentally, he was a T-Pain fan. On the Tallahassee-born artist’s new track My Money Long, featuring Pain’s newly signed group One Chance on the hook, he pulls all his usual stunts over what essentially amounts to four minutes of T-Pain rapping and rambling about money, girls, his multi-million dollar house, his clothes, cars and, of course, his beloved auto-tune. T-Pain’s rap persona does drop some clever lines over producer Tommy Hitz’ loud and ridiculous beat like “I’ll reach my peak like Dante,” and “My flow game is sick, like Greg Louganis,” but if My Money Long was intended to be an introduction to Nappy Boy‘s newest family members than the man pretty much just goes along for the ride. Expect more from One Chance on T-Pain Presents The Nappy Boy All Stars (Vol. 1), which currently has no release date.
Written by matt juss on 12/7/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail ft. Game, Daz & T-Pain" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.