T-Pain is many things – the god of auto-tune, the owner of a Big Ass Chain – but he’s also a marketing genius, and last week he came up with a brilliant new idea. Instead of simply leaking a song from his Prevolver mixtape, Pain dropped new banger Motivated sans guest verse, inviting emcees everywhere to jump in and see who could do the supremely heavy, instantly head nodding beat from Young Frye justice. Never one to shy away from a challenge, the men of ¡Mayday!, or more accurately emcees Wrek and Bernbiz, jumped on board, and the result is currently coursing through your headphones. It wasn’t easy to match T-Pain’s high energy opening verse, but I don’t think there’s any doubt the Miami duo at the very least held their own, expertly weaving their lines in and out of the monstrous production with a steady skill. Whoever contributes the best verse will earn a spot on Pain’s upcoming Prevolver mixtape, so the question’s now yours to answer DJBooth Nation. Do ¡Mayday! have what it takes to make the final cut?
Written by Nathan S. on 12/21/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.