Last month, T-Pain stepped into the Booth with F**k ‘Em, a bullet-riddled anti-hater anthem which won high praise from our readers. As it turned out, the cut wasn’t simply a loosie; it marked the beginning of an untitled, weekly string of digital singles. If I Got It, Friday’s new addition to the series, features the Nappy Boy head honcho touting his determination to succeed and his loyalty to his fam over the pensive keys of Cam Osteen and J. Hill. Akon echoes the headliner’s generous sentiments in his AutoTuned middle 16, promising, “If I eat, ain’t nobody around me gonna starve,” and Nigerian singer/songwriter/producer 2Face drops a little hard-won knowledge on the back. T-Pain is still tying up loose ends with regard to his long-delayed Stoicville: The Phoenix LP. We’ll keep you posted on the still-unscheduled set, as well as bringing you further highlights in the artist’s ongoing series.
Written by richard on 02/9/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.