When you think of Floridian T-Pain titles like Autotune connoisseur and praised hook-man might come to mind. Up until now, one title that the Tallahassee-bred musician hadn’t fully-donned is aggressive, fed-up emcee, but that all quickly changed with the release of his latest mixtape cut, Hang Ups. On the unapologetic record, Pain shares label woes that are typically reserved for up-and-coming spitter’s that are new to the politics of the industry. The newly-released music video for the record is a smattering of unique visuals courtesy of the Nappy Boy Entertainment head honcho, which consist of the artist letting loose a few rhymes in a claustrophobia-inducing hallway and being constantly surrounded by a group of head-nodding, Letterman jacket-wearing youth. The Young Fyre-produced Hang Ups is one of 22 cuts found on T-Pain’s Stoic mixtape, which is available for free stream and download via DJBooth.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/9/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.