At first glance, Auto-Tune maven T-Pain has absolutely nothing in common with Old Testament heavyweight Moses, but those who look a little deeper will find that… uh. Nope. Still nothing. While I sincerely doubt that the Ghetto Commandments described on this single off his new Adult Swim animated special, Freaknik: The Musical, were actually handed down by the Almighty, readers would nonetheless do well to heed the advice the Nappy Boy head honcho and his collaborators deliver over Pain’s own blend of synths, harpsichord and piano. In addition to the requisite studio-enhanced hook, the headliner contributes rapped opening bars, and the remaining two slots are filled by Young Money rapper Mack Maine (who, to his credit, actually runs with the “Thou shalt/Thou shalt not” concept) and the eternally laid-back Snoop Dogg. Which collaborator offers the wisest counsel? I’ll leave that for you to decide. Ghetto Commandments dropped Tuesday and is available now on iTunes, and those who missed Freaknik‘s premiere earlier this month will be able to cop the DVD on April 6.
Written by richard on 03/24/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail ft. Game, Daz & T-Pain" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.